Linux Server Engineer
Educational Qualification :
Educational Qualification: BTech/ BE( CS/IT/IS) / MCA/MSc (IT/ CS)/MTech
- Manage remote IT infrastructure of global and national clients.
- The Engineer will be responsible for managing the Linux servers in ISP and Datacenters.
- Interact closely with developers for release management
- Improve Linux architecture and operations
- Associate with other IT engineers to research and implement new technologies
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Mentor junior Linux administrators in engineering, installation, configuration, testing and administration of Linux servers
- Prepare specification for server software and hardware systems that adhere to technical standards and ensure interoperability with other servers
- Diagnose server and operational problems and develop effective solution
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Work on latest technologies like cloud computing, Big Data computing, Storage networks
- Analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and evaluate effectiveness 2012
- Develop automated processes using Bash scripts or other programming languages
- Day to day administration, support, monitoring, and tuning of Linux
- Troubleshoot application outages from sources related to networking, data center networking, system outages,etc.
- n depth knowledge of the Linux operating system, RHEL, Centos, Debian
- Email – Mail server, postfix, email deliverability
- Web Services: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat,
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of clustering, MySQL, network fundamentals, and Shell scripting.
- Should have been a part of atleast one 'from scratch ' installation projects like (monitoring (nagios,cacti,ground works etc) setup for entire client infra , setup LAMP server, mysql clustering, asterisk server , VPN setup , backup setup
- Server virtualization: KVM, Xen, Vmware.
- Experience in open source technologies
- Experience setting up monitoring for high availability.
- Vim Editor,
- Strong in Networking concepts and TCP/IP, its Linux commands
- File permission settings, Security hardening, Firewalls (ip tables)
- Knowledge of SSH, FTP, NFS, SAMBA
- Mail services (MX record, MTA, MDA, etc)
- BIND,DNS Server concepts
- Real time experience in handling server outages
- Cloud Computing Knowledge preferred
- Linux Package management tools (rpm, yum, apt-get etc)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision within an interrupt oriented environment
- Should be comfortable working in shifts (US,UK,CANADA, EUROPE and India) depending up on projects assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to non technical and technical audiences
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Good reporting skills
- Proactive, flexible and customer focused
- Excellent communication skills, client interaction skills,